April 10, 2020, 01:19:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Donate button moved
to navigation bar

PSO-HACK

Author Topic: "Anti-Fog" - Loading entire area-map instantly  (Read 1353 times)

Offline Zeta

• Donator+
"Anti-Fog" - Loading entire area-map instantly
« on: September 02, 2017, 01:52:48 am »
It's kinda hard to explain on simple screenshots + really reproduceable is the bug not. I am sorry, that i can only offer this text.

I actually found out, that there seems to be a way in order to load the entire map of an area even on missions where it is not planned.
It works pretty simple - After running a BQ (where the map loads complete), it sometimes happen, that the map can also load for other missions (where it is not wanted) after running the BQ. This also includes all entitys and icons on the map, including a possible exit-mark.

I see potential here for timesaves running Free Field, Arks Quest and so on, especially when people manage to teleport directly to the exit, which location is with this bug directly on area startpoint known.

However, the main problem is here:
  • Like already sayed: The Bug is not that easy reproduceable. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. But if it works, it's gonna work a few times in a row without any further problems (over several hours)
  • Once you change block (or sometimes randomly) the Maploading fixes itself and the bug no longer works

The main question is here: Is that a Clientside or a Serverside History? In first case, it would maybe show potential to make a hack for that.

Greetings and thanks for any answers o/

Offline susahnamanya

• Donator
Re: "Anti-Fog" - Loading entire area-map instantly
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 01:25:30 pm »
I always get this by clearing BQ once (winning the BQ, not sure if losing works too) then return to lobby. If I do another quest without returning to lobby usually it won't occur.
Changing block never fix this for me, it always works for me even if I change block a lot. Maybe it's random as you said. But it will no longer works if I return to title or ship selection when I got 630 or changing character.

Yeah, I wish we could use it in trainer or proxy. I'm lazy to do BQ each time I log into the game.

Offline susahnamanya

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 09:06:47 pm »
Seems like it will stop working after going into makeover salon too.

Offline Beefish

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 12:01:45 pm »
I did this by accident. Unsure how i did it. Probably a flag in the map pointer somewhere. What you could do is just read the map layout and make your own map reader?

Offline eitherflame

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 11:56:51 pm »
Definitely something to look into further h

Offline blackaxon1

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 08:51:05 pm »
hmmm seems like its worth the look :P

© 2012-2019 PSO-HACK.COM
Designed by carbon