December 01, 2021, 07:19:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Donate button moved
to navigation bar

PSO-HACK

Author Topic: Seventh Dark Online (LaPlace) - Server Emulator Project  (Read 14362 times)

Offline cgi

Re: Seventh Dark Online (LaPlace) - Server Emulator Project
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2017, 08:33:09 pm »
Honestly, you guys seem to have most of it done and you just need some one to help implementing the functionality lefts.

I mean the hardest part is figuring out how the data was being encrypted and you guys already seem to have data along with most of what pack is what.

I've done some packet editing for Aura Kingdom so I am familiar with the X-Legend packets(could post some decrypted packets examples of it, if needed).

I am also good at linking packets to the ini database from the game, which is something X-Legend commonly use on their games which could help with the item/monsters/quests parts that are undone.

I honestly don't know, you guys seem to have a lot of it done, not sure what you guys are looking for specifically.

I have experience with C#, C++, MySQL.

Offline SZiaDaN

• PSO-HACK Team
  • Legendary Contributer
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 05:30:37 pm »
That all sounds fine and dandy.
However, as I mentioned earlier, this project (building a private server) is currently put on hold since after actually playing the game a bit we didn't really enjoy it.

It's possible that we may pick this project up again but for a different x-legend game such as Eden Eternal, considering that I did actually play that a bit and used to like that game. There's also the added benefit of not having to translate the game too.

And as shown in this youtube clip, there are no differences in the actual packet encryption either, just some of the packets have different packet ID's.

If we were still working on this then your skill set would be pretty much exactly what we were looking for, someone who can help out with mapping out the packets and possibly even implement them too. Having prior knowledge of the game is a huge plus as well.

But, what I decribed above is just the first of 2 problems.
The second one is that you're an outsider that we have no prior relation with and this is a closed source project.
If we gave you source access, there's no guarantee for us that you wouldn't just take that source and spread it publically under your own name.

This would of course not be an issue if we decided to go open source, but currently we prefer to keep the packet encryption to ourselves.

Do stick around though and let us become familiar with you, like for example showcase and discuss some of your own findings etc and we may eventually let you into our RE circle.
Breaking down games like we did with Seventh Dark is something we do for fun, often without any real purpose other than just "we enjoy the challenge".
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 05:45:28 pm by SZiaDaN »
Quote from: Curious Kitty
"you have get lower than the villiant to bring justice" they say. there's no true "hero" in the world. Sziadan's being Robin Hood.

Offline cgi

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2017, 06:38:15 pm »
Yep, trust is something very hard to get online and who would trust some one who just came by :P and honestly I have a hard time trusting myself.

From what I can see all the X-Legend games seems to use the very same pattern on everything for their client and server.

TwinSaga, Aura Kingdom, Laplace (never checked Eden Eternal before so can't speak for that one) you can even match the client c++ structure with the packets (of course version may differ a bit on the look of it, but they are generally built the same way)

Haven't checked the login credentials on the other games but in AK for example it goes with something like(of course that is the decrypted version, its further encrypted in a format like size(0x2 bytes, data))

removed sample structure for security purposes

So I don't think you have to fear about me stealing your work done on the encryption as I already know how it works, sure I may not have mapped ALL packets or anything as I wasn't particularity trying to, as I started it as a fun private project to edit the packets and nothing else.

Maybe you guys have an IRC or discord or skype we can talk more privately or maybe not, let me know.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 03:42:44 pm by cgi »

Offline SZiaDaN

• PSO-HACK Team
  • Legendary Contributer
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2017, 02:44:17 am »
We use Discord, however, the PSO-HACK discord server is only available to our donators for safety reasons (so that only others that also have trainer access can see who is in there).
This websites focus is on general hacking in the game Phantasy Star Online 2 after all.
"you have get lower than the villiant to bring justice" they say. there's no true "hero" in the world. Sziadan's being Robin Hood.

Offline nk

• Leecher
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2018, 08:12:30 pm »
Any way to contact you (ICM)?

Offline SZiaDaN

• PSO-HACK Team
  • Legendary Contributer
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2018, 02:18:54 am »
Any way to contact you (ICM)?

Not sure what you mean by ICM, however, you can contact me through:
1. Either here on this forum.
2. Via mail: sziadan@pso-hack.com
3. Discord: Sziadan#5827

Offline SZiaDaN

• PSO-HACK Team
  • Legendary Contributer
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2018, 08:22:45 pm »
We've now started to work on a X-Legend Private server again (though rebuilding it from scratch in .NET Core this time).
Currently our focus is on emulating AuraKingdom, mainly because there are leaked server files for that game which helps when mapping out the packets and also because there's a fairly large community around that game.

If anyone wishes to take part in this, let me know!
You can contact me on discord, discord ID is in the above post ^

Offline russ1anbr0ther

• Leecher
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2021, 11:12:31 pm »
Built a proxy for the game, so me and zapero can test stuff more easily.
Also got remote logging/packet sending for it :)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SZ0qGy22cDk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hey Masters :)
May you share this project, please?
I want to learn how you build up the proxy..
Best Regards..

Offline Zapero

• PSO-HACK Team
  • Legendary Contributer
  • Your security is bad and you should feel bad!
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2021, 01:42:01 am »
It’s not something we share, sorry.
Don't you worry baby i'm an expert.

Offline russ1anbr0ther

• Leecher
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2021, 06:20:08 pm »
Okay  :'(
Maybe you can tell me how you build it up? My Idea was to hook the send function before it get encrypted, but the right function seems to be _thiscall convertion :/ I hate this convertion :(
However, you use a proxy and I think you send the packets external, right? May you show a link to a tutorial, how to set up the proxy and send the packets external? Or did you learned it by yourself :O
I would be happy, if you could share your learning part of this ^^
I don't really need the decryption part of it, I know where the decryption function is going to be called from and I also was able to log the decrypted packet buffer and edit the packets at runtime.
Best Regards...
RB

Offline SZiaDaN

• PSO-HACK Team
  • Legendary Contributer
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2021, 07:32:19 pm »
Okay  :'(
Maybe you can tell me how you build it up? My Idea was to hook the send function before it get encrypted, but the right function seems to be _thiscall convertion :/ I hate this convertion :(
However, you use a proxy and I think you send the packets external, right? May you show a link to a tutorial, how to set up the proxy and send the packets external? Or did you learned it by yourself :O
I would be happy, if you could share your learning part of this ^^
I don't really need the decryption part of it, I know where the decryption function is going to be called from and I also was able to log the decrypted packet buffer and edit the packets at runtime.
Best Regards...
RB

For that in particular, we are self-taught, there's no particular guide we've followed in order to learn what we know, just a lot of trial and error + random googling for various things we needed.

The way our proxy works is that it's acting as a middleman between the client and the server.
We are letting the client connect to us first, where we handle the crypto the same way their real server handles the crypto (as well as the client).

This is how it works:

Client => Sends packet to proxy
Proxy => Decrypt packet and Process it
Proxy => Encrypts packet and sends it to the server
Server => Sends packet to proxy
Proxy => Decrypt packet and Process it
Proxy => Encrypts packet and sends it to the client

So, in the eyes of the client, our proxy IS the server.
And it the eyes for the server, our proxy IS the client.

This means that we can at any time we want just inject a packet and send it to either the client or the server if we want to.

Hope that explains it for you.

Offline russ1anbr0ther

• Leecher
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2021, 08:20:56 pm »
Yes, I understood it now :) Awesome work, guys! I'm gonna try my luck on this "encryption/decription proxy server" project :)
Thank you very much for the help!!!

Offline Goof1990

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2021, 09:54:16 pm »
looks pretty amazing i did iT but i need to get my game on again it was a long time ago i finished my school and right now i am a mechanic  :) some times i am helping people with there pc but i always wanted to learn this but you never learn this in the benches sadly but i think they should provide this on schools its fun and also you learn alot with coding

© 2012-2021 PSO-HACK.COM
Designed by carbon