December 01, 2021, 08:08:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Donate button moved
to navigation bar

PSO-HACK

Author Topic: Master item string table  (Read 19677 times)

Offline arcnmx

• Leecher
Re: Master item string table
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2013, 11:51:32 pm »
Uh, could everyone please stop acting like trivial string replacements are somehow incredibly complicated? I mean, if someone had done up a nice way to stealth-hook over gameguard or something, that'd be cool and considered actual work. But we're arguing over for loops that overwrite characters here, please...

We here at PSO-HACK have never said that it was anything complicated with the item translations.
The only thing we've argued about was that Turk should of been credited for giving your guys the initial information that you guys needed to get started.
Hm? Again, what exactly is informative about the fact that strings exist in memory and can be replaced? That's kind of a given. I hadn't even heard of him until after I wrote the translator, and I still don't know what he did besides replace some strings in cheatengine or something. Our entire method of translating is straightforward but hacky, not to mention incomplete... Not really something to be considered work.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 11:55:43 pm by arcnmx »

Offline SZiaDaN

• PSO-HACK Team
  • Legendary Contributer
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2013, 11:57:56 pm »
Hm? Again, what exactly is informative about the fact that strings exist in memory and can be replaced? That's kind of a given. I hadn't even heard of him until after I wrote the translator, and I still don't know what he did besides replace some strings in cheatengine or something.

The fact that the guys over that the original translator team kept saying that "items can't be translated because they are server side" and he threw together a proof of concept proving that it could be done. He made a lua script that could translate every item in game (if he had all the item names it would of been the same as your dll, except in cheat engine).

He gave all the info + pointer structure to AIDA.
The fact that his work triggered your work is why he should of been given credits.
Quote from: Curious Kitty
"you have get lower than the villiant to bring justice" they say. there's no true "hero" in the world. Sziadan's being Robin Hood.

Offline arcnmx

• Leecher
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2013, 12:14:30 am »
Heh, I had no idea there was any information or documentation about it whatsoever. Well then.

Offline AIDA

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2013, 01:41:47 am »

Incorrect. Turk ignored EVERY attempt I made to contact him for months, until I made our own team of programmers and were well on the way with our DLL. Then he came out of the woodwork and tried to give me some information, which I ignored.

The fact that his work triggered your work is why he should of been given credits.

And he's since been given credit for the idea. So why are we still discussing this?

Offline SZiaDaN

• PSO-HACK Team
  • Legendary Contributer
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2013, 01:49:17 am »

Incorrect. Turk ignored EVERY attempt I made to contact him for months, until I made our own team of programmers and were well on the way with our DLL. Then he came out of the woodwork and tried to give me some information, which I ignored.

I said that he gave you the information and he did. I didn't say he coded it for you.

And he's since been given credit for the idea. So why are we still discussing this?

Because your whole team, including you, came to our forum and started the discussion.
"you have get lower than the villiant to bring justice" they say. there's no true "hero" in the world. Sziadan's being Robin Hood.

Offline Zapero

• PSO-HACK Team
  • Legendary Contributer
  • Your security is bad and you should feel bad!
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2013, 01:53:17 am »
I didn't say he coded it for you.
No you did...
Not our problem that he/she want to attack an idea like this and rely on other people to code it for her then stand in the spotlight of their work.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 01:55:31 am by Zapero »
Don't you worry baby i'm an expert.

Offline AIDA

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2013, 01:55:53 am »
Because your whole team, including you, came to our forum and started the discussion.

Which was to reveal to curiouskitty the truth of what happened, and to enlighten them that we did not steal, copy, or modify anything for our DLL.

Not our problem that he/she want to attack an idea like this and rely on other people to code it for her then stand in the spotlight of their work.

I'm not "attacking an idea" (How do you even do this?). And I'll be the first one to admit (And I did, multiple times) that it was not coded by me, it was coded by our programming team. Furthermore, I've never "stood in the spotlight", so I'm going to assume you're just angry about something and move on. Thanks for your input!

EDIT: In fact, here's the original proof-of-concept video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlQjcuOP5DY&hd=1

It says "Thanks to Raven, Variant, and Arcnmx for all of their hard work to bring you this!"

How is this standing in the spotlight?  ::)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 02:02:11 am by AIDA »

Offline SZiaDaN

• PSO-HACK Team
  • Legendary Contributer
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2013, 02:04:46 am »
Which was to reveal to curiouskitty the truth of what happened, and to enlighten them that we did not steal, copy, or modify anything for our DLL.

No need to worry about it, Kitty was in our team back when the item translation was being worked on by Turk, she knows how everything went down. What she said was true, Turk started it, I gave you example code (whether you used it or not after that wasn't implied). As you said, there's no need to discuss this further though.

Offline AIDA

« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2013, 02:07:28 am »
No need to worry about it, Kitty was in our team back when the item translation was being worked on by Turk, she knows how everything went down. What she said was true, Turk started it, I gave you example code (whether you used it or not after that wasn't implied). As you said, there's no need to discuss this further though.

Correct. Thanks for being so calm and respectful about this. Whatever issues we have/had, I still have lots of respect for you and the way you conduct yourself. Take care.

Offline CuriousKitty

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Contributer
  • ごろにゃ~♥
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2013, 02:31:17 am »

lol! i WAS with Turk all the way when that happened and the one that encouraged him to goto you guys for help since the guys have decided that "translating" isn't our kind of job here in PSO-Hack and it will be a waste with that findings go ignored. You guys on the other hand, attacked him on his 1st post about it saying that it's a trainer and WILL get you banned even then still contacted Turk thru PMs. So you can't blame Turk to stop whatever he did trying to get you guys to work on it. And out of the blue you guys started a project on it with the exact concept and tell the world it's safe to use. Lies is what upset us. Nothing more, nothing less, we care less than the tweaker here than you thought we did.  Turk is never the "politic" guy around, and is only happy on finding the loop holes, but "someone" out there doesn't think the same.  ;)

Here, we never tell our users our trainer is safe even when none of us in the team have been banned from using the trainer so far. (Only Sziadan and Zap doing the "floating" trick in the lobby got banned, mine still not banned even from doing those tricks, but you won't be seeing me going around saying it's safe.. ;) )
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 02:38:35 am by CuriousKitty »
!ATTENTION!
Please READ THE RULES before posting!
Use Search before posting new topics!
Safety Tips for Trainer!

Offline AIDA

« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2013, 03:45:26 pm »
You guys on the other hand, attacked him on his 1st post about it saying that it's a trainer and WILL get you banned even then still contacted Turk thru PMs.

Wait, what? What are you talking about, "we attacked him"?

EDIT: I never "attacked" anyone, maybe you mis-understood something. In any case, the issue has been resolved, and this is the last I'll post here. Take care! ^^
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 07:33:39 am by AIDA »

Offline CuriousKitty

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Contributer
  • ごろにゃ~♥
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2013, 08:45:06 pm »
You guys on the other hand, attacked him on his 1st post about it saying that it's a trainer and WILL get you banned even then still contacted Turk thru PMs.

Wait, what? What are you talking about, "we attacked him"?

You know what i am talking about. Or are you trying to get us to List out whatever you did and lied even to your own team? We are not interested in your "politic" nor your hunger for fame here, and don't really care about your little game as long as you don't hurt any of our users here, all we are doing is warn them of the outcome. Don't force us to take action.  ;)
!ATTENTION!
Please READ THE RULES before posting!
Use Search before posting new topics!
Safety Tips for Trainer!

© 2012-2021 PSO-HACK.COM
Designed by carbon