November 29, 2021, 12:31:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Donate button moved
to navigation bar

PSO-HACK

Author Topic: Master item string table  (Read 19667 times)

Offline MrTurkleton

• PSO-HACK Team
  • Contributer
Re: Master item string table
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2013, 04:44:31 pm »
if you allocate new memory or just find a large enough section of unused memory then you can redirect the string and make it as long as you want.

Offline CuriousKitty

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Contributer
  • ごろにゃ~♥
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2013, 04:50:56 pm »
if you allocate new memory or just find a large enough section of unused memory then you can redirect the string and make it as long as you want.

that might be a solution but only when there's enough memory to support that i guess. higher chance of crash to depending on the coding.  :P
!ATTENTION!
Please READ THE RULES before posting!
Use Search before posting new topics!
Safety Tips for Trainer!

Offline Diaias

• Donator+
  • Legendary Contributer
  • Life brings hardships. You just gotta push through
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2013, 11:40:05 pm »
I think it would be a good idea to lock this topic. PSO Tweaker has an item translation thingy so i dont think this is needed anymore!
Rules
Refresh on your knowledge! Never hurts to remember!
Safety Guide!

Offline CuriousKitty

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Contributer
  • ごろにゃ~♥
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2013, 10:08:13 am »
I think it would be a good idea to lock this topic. PSO Tweaker has an item translation thingy so i dont think this is needed anymore!

And I thought Neanderthals were extinct....  ::)

FYI, Turk started that and Sziadan made them an example hooker but they took all credit for it. Their so called Tweaker works just like the old trainer and can get you caught and banned by nPro (aka. GameGuard)

Dragon, if you wish to spam, at least say something useful.
!ATTENTION!
Safety Tips for Trainer!

Offline TriHack

• Leecher
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2013, 05:36:53 am »

And I thought Neanderthals were extinct....  ::)

FYI, Turk started that and Sziadan made them an example hooker but they took all credit for it. Their so called Tweaker works just like the old trainer and can get you caught and banned by nPro (aka. GameGuard)

Alright, misinformation just leads to unnecessary negativity. Let me correct you.

1. Turkleton found the initial information and provided a proof of concept. He was on the original credits post, but I guess someone forgot to put it on-site.
2. Uh, Sziadan made us an example hooker? I'd have loved to have used it, since we were having a ton of trouble in the initial stages trying to figure out how to do things in real time without the game crashing. I don't think anyone actually knows about this :/

Aside from that, whatever Turkleton found after the initial stages was found in parallel to whatever we found, as we didn't get to work with Turkleton after his initial findings, and arc actually ended up finding a ton of things and developed most of what we use now by himself.

This is just FYI. I'm not trying to call you out or anything, but just understand that you were literally spreading misinformation that could only lead to terrible things. Sorry for resurrecting a couple month old post as a result.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 05:43:20 am by TriHack »

Offline CuriousKitty

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Contributer
  • ごろにゃ~♥
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2013, 07:29:11 am »
Alright, misinformation just leads to unnecessary negativity. Let me correct you.

1. Turkleton found the initial information and provided a proof of concept. He was on the original credits post, but I guess someone forgot to put it on-site.
2. Uh, Sziadan made us an example hooker? I'd have loved to have used it, since we were having a ton of trouble in the initial stages trying to figure out how to do things in real time without the game crashing. I don't think anyone actually knows about this :/

Aside from that, whatever Turkleton found after the initial stages was found in parallel to whatever we found, as we didn't get to work with Turkleton after his initial findings, and arc actually ended up finding a ton of things and developed most of what we use now by himself.

This is just FYI. I'm not trying to call you out or anything, but just understand that you were literally spreading misinformation that could only lead to terrible things. Sorry for resurrecting a couple month old post as a result.

There's nothing "misinformed" in that AIDA, like it or not your "tweaker" isn't as safe as you claimed and it WILL lead to a ban if someone crashed the game with it on and sent a crash report to either Sega or GG.

You guys never put Turk on the "credit" even after Sziadan and the guys point it out on the site. And Sziadan did made you an example dll hooker no matter how much you want to deny it.  ;)
!ATTENTION!
Safety Tips for Trainer!

Offline SZiaDaN

• PSO-HACK Team
  • Legendary Contributer
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2013, 03:42:51 pm »

This was sent to AIDA after being offered Arcs Cash and real money to code up the whole thing for them.
(Yes, they wanted me to create the whole thing for them.)

Since you're even prepared to offer me money for it I'm guessing you really want to see this happen.
Well, I'm really not interested in creating this, however, I decided to at least give you something to work with.

https://pso-hack.com/************    <- Link to source code was here

That's the template for you to work with, you'll have to ask Turk for the pointer information on the item table.
You can either create your own injector or use my launcher/cheetah/etc to inject the DLL.

I've commented source so that you can read what the things do.

I told them that I'm not interested in creating the whole thing for them. I already have the trainer to work on, I don't need another big project that needs updating once in a while. Soon after I had sent this to AIDA, a topic popped up on PSO-WORLD where he/she asked for C++ programmers to help out with the item translation project.

The code I gave had everything that you'd need to find a japanese string -> replace it with an english string.
I had a detailed explanation on every single part in there, what needed to be done etc.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 03:44:27 pm by SZiaDaN »
Quote from: Curious Kitty
"you have get lower than the villiant to bring justice" they say. there's no true "hero" in the world. Sziadan's being Robin Hood.

Offline TriHack

• Leecher
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2013, 10:33:06 pm »
There's nothing "misinformed" in that AIDA, like it or not your "tweaker" isn't as safe as you claimed and it WILL lead to a ban if someone crashed the game with it on and sent a crash report to either Sega or GG.

You guys never put Turk on the "credit" even after Sziadan and the guys point it out on the site. And Sziadan did made you an example dll hooker no matter how much you want to deny it.  ;)

Eh? Has that actually happened? The crashing and being banned that is. If you have evidence, I'll believe you.

Also, the way you were making it sound was literally as if Sziadan and Turk did the majority of the work and we came in a swooped it. Which is not what happened at all. What actually happened was that Turkleton initially found that there was a static pointer to a linked list of item information. So... they proved it was possible and gave a proof of concept to work with. The actual fast implementation into something that could be distributed to a ton of players (building the item translation file too), which would also include random convenience features (horray for copying text in Japanese)? That was a lot of the work. There's also the fact that it has to be updated every time the client updates, but I mean that's not too difficult at all, but it's still work.

Second, yes, he was on the credit in the initial PSO-W post/topic, after someone told AIDA that he should be on there (AIDA forgot initially, Turk had been inactive for a while and it was just us 3 working on it, so...). I asked AIDA to put him on the credits page on site and in tweaker, since I think he should be on there.

And...

@Sziadan

Uh, this one is AIDA's fault. I just asked about it. Since we met AIDA months after that message apparently, we didn't get sent it :X, I'm sure it would have been really helpful.

Anyway, like I said, I'm trying to avoid some needless malice (mostly from curiouskitty) going around. After Turkleton found that it was in fact possible, the hunt began, but nothing really happened until months after when 3 people actually teamed up with AIDA to implement the DLL. The implementation, in retrospect, is reallllllly simple. I mean seriously, find a pointer (static) and go down the list, change the pointers around and... it's done, but no one actually bothered doing it for months. :/

As for credit where credit is due, yes I agree Turkleton should be credited for the initial PoC. Are there any other complaints you have? It's best to get them out of the way now.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 10:35:02 pm by TriHack »

Offline AIDA

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2013, 10:41:30 pm »
ohhi

It's true that SZiaDaN made me an example hooker, but I had no idea how it worked at the time and scrapped it. The DLL (not the Tweaker, how do you even confuse the two?) was made 100% by our current team of programmers, without using the previously mentioned DLL (which no one else recieved but me).

Therefore, the DLL does not "work like the old trainer" and won't get you caught and banned by nPro(tect). Not one single person has been banned for it so far.

Also, the Tweaker was created 100% by my own code. I had a member of a french community explain how the patching works to me, but that's about it.

A) That poster isn't me
B) I didn't design the initial Arks Layer site, which is probably why his name wasn't on there. I'll fix this today.
C) I've crashed lots of times with it on, and I'm still not banned
D) I never denied he made me a hooker (lol), but we never used it.

This was sent to AIDA after being offered Arcs Cash and real money to code up the whole thing for them.
(Yes, they wanted me to create the whole thing for them.)

Thanks, this just backs up what I said! That poster is a member of our programming team, and they have no idea what DLL you're talking about :)

I told them that I'm not interested in creating the whole thing for them. I already have the trainer to work on, I don't need another big project that needs updating once in a while. Soon after I had sent this to AIDA, a topic popped up on PSO-WORLD where he/she asked for C++ programmers to help out with the item translation project.

The code I gave had everything that you'd need to find a japanese string -> replace it with an english string.
I had a detailed explanation on every single part in there, what needed to be done etc.

Indeed! But at the time, I couldn't understand any of the DLL, so I ditched it and decided to see if I could put together a team to make our own. If you'll notice, it was MONTHS later that we even got it working. Does that sound like we used an already completed DLL to do it?

I'm not here to fight, just to clear the air. SZiaDaN is a brilliant programmer, and had we used his DLL, probably could have been finished inside of a week. However, I had scrapped it, and since decided to make our own (since I wanted to learn how to anyway).

I apologize for Turk's name not being on the site, I wasn't aware of this until today.

I'll be happy to answer any more questions/concerns here. Have a nice day! ^^

EDIT: Turk is credited on the main thread (Which is where all the important stuff went:

Launch it with the PSO2 Tweaker, and the items should all be in english. There's bound to be some bugs and issues, so be sure to report them here! Also, a big thanks to MrTurkleton for giving us the idea (and some info!) in the first place!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 10:47:51 pm by AIDA »

Offline SZiaDaN

• PSO-HACK Team
  • Legendary Contributer
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2013, 10:49:15 pm »
AIDA, I didn't claim that you used my code. I just stated that I had given you source code that could be used to do this, if you just added the pointer information and a small loop to go through all the items.

I said this because that other guy said that I hadn't given you guys anything, which is a lie.
Not my fault that you decided to keep that source to yourself and not try to understand it.

As for not getting banned.
There are members here on our forum that have been using my trainer since I we first started this website and are still not banned. Then there's also a group of people who have gotten banned.

Just because you're not banned yourself, yet, doesn't mean it's 100% safe.
It took SEGA around half a year to get around to banning me and Zapero the first time, we had to go as far as moving all the NPC's and sitting around in lobby talking about it to get them moving.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 10:50:56 pm by SZiaDaN »
"you have get lower than the villiant to bring justice" they say. there's no true "hero" in the world. Sziadan's being Robin Hood.

Offline AIDA

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2013, 10:52:50 pm »
AIDA, I didn't claim that you used my code. I just stated that I had given you source code that could be used to do this, if you just added the pointer information and a small loop to go through all the items.

I said this because that other guy said that I hadn't given you guys anything, which is a lie.
Not my fault that you decided to keep that source to yourself and not try to understand it.

Oh, I see. It was more directed at kitty, who seems to be really upset about this whole thing.

Also, I've added Turks name on the site: http://arks-layer.com/credits.php

Can we be done with this now? :3

Offline SZiaDaN

• PSO-HACK Team
  • Legendary Contributer
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2013, 11:10:07 pm »
Oh, I see. It was more directed at kitty, who seems to be really upset about this whole thing.

Also, I've added Turks name on the site: http://arks-layer.com/credits.php

Can we be done with this now? :3

I've been done with you guys ever since you tried to ridicule me over at PSO-World when I tried to inform you about the risks with it. Not sure why you guys all of a sudden decided to come over here to bring life to this old topic.

What kitty said wasn't wrong either, Turk did find this first and gave the PoC. I did send you an example to look at or even use if you wanted.

Offline Zapero

• PSO-HACK Team
  • Legendary Contributer
  • Your security is bad and you should feel bad!
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2013, 11:20:13 pm »
Ok i'v done a CLOSE look at your guys dll file.
What's so special with it that make so gg CAN'T detect it?
As far as iv seen its nothing SPECIAL with it?

You guys don't use anything special in it as far as i could find.. it's all common used ways to do stuff.
Don't you worry baby i'm an expert.

Offline arcnmx

• Leecher
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2013, 11:34:16 pm »
Uh, could everyone please stop acting like trivial string replacements are somehow incredibly complicated? I mean, if someone had done up a nice way to stealth-hook over gameguard or something, that'd be cool and considered actual work. But we're arguing over for loops that overwrite characters here, please...

Ok i'v done a CLOSE look at your guys dll file.
What's so special with it that make so gg CAN'T detect it?
As far as iv seen its nothing SPECIAL with it?

You guys don't use anything special in it as far as i could find.. it's all common used ways to do stuff.
This is correct.

Offline SZiaDaN

• PSO-HACK Team
  • Legendary Contributer
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2013, 11:40:57 pm »
Uh, could everyone please stop acting like trivial string replacements are somehow incredibly complicated? I mean, if someone had done up a nice way to stealth-hook over gameguard or something, that'd be cool and considered actual work. But we're arguing over for loops that overwrite characters here, please...

We here at PSO-HACK have never said that it was anything complicated with the item translations.
The only thing we've argued about was that Turk should of been credited for giving your guys the initial information that you guys needed to get started.

© 2012-2021 PSO-HACK.COM
Designed by carbon