November 29, 2021, 01:05:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Donate button moved
to navigation bar

PSO-HACK

Author Topic: Master item string table  (Read 19668 times)

Offline Zapero

• PSO-HACK Team
  • Legendary Contributer
  • Your security is bad and you should feel bad!
Re: Master item string table
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2013, 01:46:26 am »
True :P o wait how in the word would a "ram" type hack do u any good?f its in the ram wont it go away and aint it diffrent for every user?
They flush the cached when you change block and the only good it do is change the items from jp to eng.
Don't you worry baby i'm an expert.

Offline Diaias

• Donator+
  • Legendary Contributer
  • Life brings hardships. You just gotta push through
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2013, 01:50:31 am »
True :P o wait how in the word would a "ram" type hack do u any good?f its in the ram wont it go away and aint it diffrent for every user?
They flush the cached when you change block and the only good it do is change the items from jp to eng.
O lol but tht would help the english players ALOT espically since their still is no word on a NA release for pso2.
Rules
Refresh on your knowledge! Never hurts to remember!
Safety Guide!

Offline MrTurkleton

• PSO-HACK Team
  • Contributer
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2013, 02:42:59 am »
Pa disks will be my main reason i continue with it. Its really a matter of if sz wants to add it or not.  :-P. My script is simple, just the translation table is tedious. Its lots of copy and paste

Offline Diaias

• Donator+
  • Legendary Contributer
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 11:21:35 am »
Pa disks will be my main reason i continue with it. Its really a matter of if sz wants to add it or not.  :-P. My script is simple, just the translation table is tedious. Its lots of copy and paste
i wouldnt mind doing all the copying nd pasteing for u if u wanted me to (u would just have to tell me what to copy and paste xD ) but i cant access the data like u do within the client so i would be going to the database cite
Rules
Safety Guide!

Offline MrTurkleton

• PSO-HACK Team
  • Contributer
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2013, 03:59:55 pm »
thats what i do. :P the string doesnt exist in game till you run into the item anyway. The current iteration of the script is in lua so it doesnt suport the unicode properly so it needs converted. However if sz wants to do the programing for the script it shoudl come out to be a simple text file where it would be setup as
Code: [Select]
japanese,english
japanese,english
japanese,english etc

Basicly we have the whole table in front of us, we can get to it all the time, but its in a different order each load. Basicly all the script does is go through the whole table, compares the japanese name in the table to the text file, and replaces it with the english word asociated wtih it. not all that advanced really :P. It's more a matter of waiting to see if sz wants to do it or not before we try to setup the file :P

Offline Amos

• Alpha
  • Contributer
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2013, 05:04:43 pm »
While I don't really think we need things like weapon names translated that badly, I think for sure it'd be awesome if we could have PA / tech disks translated and especially client order items and the like.

When you take a lot of orders and kill a bunch of enemies it gets annoying when you end up collecting more then whats asked for and then you have to try and find out which item is what after you hand them in.

Offline MrTurkleton

• PSO-HACK Team
  • Contributer
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2013, 05:49:48 pm »
my feelings exactly. Quest items, PA disks, and consumables are the main thing im looking at this thing to be done first. :P Lets see if the table structure changes any with the new patch coming out in a day or two. I have a few pointers im waiting to see if they break come the update. If they are stable enough then i will forward them to sz.

Offline pwl32

• BETA Tester
  • Contributer
  • 英語苦手だけど、日本語だときちんと伝わらないからがんばるしかないのです…
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2013, 06:11:48 pm »
Is this manipulation able to convert jap to jap?
This hack can modify item names as we wish?
And is it only for item names?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 06:28:30 pm by pwl32 »
nProが毎回デバイスドライバ潰しにかかってくるからヤバい(GPUドライバ破壊未遂16回、NICドライバ破壊2回、未遂6回)

Offline Zapero

• PSO-HACK Team
  • Legendary Contributer
  • Your security is bad and you should feel bad!
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2013, 06:22:56 pm »
Is this manipulation able to convert jap to jap?
?
Don't you worry baby i'm an expert.

Offline CuriousKitty

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Contributer
  • ごろにゃ~♥
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2013, 08:35:25 pm »
Tho the "conversation" goes on, no one seems to really understand what's going on here.

What Turk is trying to do is a DIRECT translator that will translate the item infomation downloaded into your client's memory area. As of why the troublesome way is because those infos are server sided so modders can't find a way to translate those.

This is the same as "changing you weapon name to what you want" hack but used in a more useful and beneficial way. The only problem will be the need of two large table of japanese names and english names which goes on and on whenever sega adds new contents. i doubt it will be added to our current trainer but there might be a chance we can use it on a more legit way of playing or if Turk feels like it, eg. hand it over to the modders to do the updates, they are on the jobs already anyway so adding a new table list isn't a problem to them i guess.  ;)
!ATTENTION!
Please READ THE RULES before posting!
Use Search before posting new topics!
Safety Tips for Trainer!

Offline Diaias

• Donator+
  • Legendary Contributer
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2013, 10:17:46 pm »
Tho the "conversation" goes on, no one seems to really understand what's going on here.

What Turk is trying to do is a DIRECT translator that will translate the item infomation downloaded into your client's memory area. As of why the troublesome way is because those infos are server sided so modders can't find a way to translate those.

This is the same as "changing you weapon name to what you want" hack but used in a more useful and beneficial way. The only problem will be the need of two large table of japanese names and english names which goes on and on whenever sega adds new contents. i doubt it will be added to our current trainer but there might be a chance we can use it on a more legit way of playing or if Turk feels like it, eg. hand it over to the modders to do the updates, they are on the jobs already anyway so adding a new table list isn't a problem to them i guess.  ;)
So technically it would be time consuming alot and a really big file?
Rules
Safety Guide!

Offline broomop

• Groupie
  • Contributer
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2013, 11:22:06 pm »
I will be up for the job  :D

the filename for the weapon names is :

item_name_cache.dat
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 01:42:41 pm by broomop »

Offline IceDeathTK

• OPEN-BETA Tester
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2013, 03:54:34 am »
but there might be a chance we can use it on a more legit way of playing or if Turk feels like it, eg. hand it over to the modders to do the updates, they are on the jobs already anyway so adding a new table list isn't a problem to them i guess.  ;)

I've already contacted Turk and Sizidan to see if we can work something out - I'm working on updating the english patch (No, i'm not Agrajag, but I have access to all his tools, he gave them to me to update the english patch), but after I'm done, I'd be more than happy to undertake the tedious job of creating that large text file and keeping it up to date~ (It's pretty much what I'm doing with the English patch right now anyway.)

Offline MrTurkleton

• PSO-HACK Team
  • Contributer
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2013, 09:09:38 am »

Well item description modding is possable but its more of a pain than item names. Stupid string limits without alocating more space for  it.

Offline CuriousKitty

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Contributer
  • ごろにゃ~♥
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2013, 10:28:19 am »
Well item description modding is possable but its more of a pain than item names. Stupid string limits without alocating more space for  it.

ikr? if they differs according to the used japanese characters then you only gets slots for 2 english letters per japanese character  :P

it will depends on how good you are in explaining stuffs short and simple.  ;D
!ATTENTION!
Please READ THE RULES before posting!
Use Search before posting new topics!
Safety Tips for Trainer!

© 2012-2021 PSO-HACK.COM
Designed by carbon