December 01, 2021, 07:45:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Donate button moved
to navigation bar

PSO-HACK

Author Topic: TACOS and teleport function..  (Read 8540 times)

Offline CuriousKitty

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Contributer
  • ごろにゃ~♥
Re: TACOS and teleport function..
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 10:56:49 am »
not only launcher, i suggest you bring a gunslash too
with some boss like ragne, you will likely hit a part you don't want to damage because of the splash damage launcher had, like when you want to break the front legs but instead you damaged the head (only applies when ragne is down afaik)
gunslash is helpful at cases like that

Yup, Speed up Gunslash in manual aim mode is the next best thing compare to speed up launchers. and it has the same great range as launchers but none AoE so make it easier to pin-point damage some parts.
!ATTENTION!
Please READ THE RULES before posting!
Use Search before posting new topics!
Safety Tips for Trainer!

Offline truetech123

• Alpha
  • Contributer
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 11:17:16 am »
The rank you have at the moment of the kill will affect the drop amount, this will get multiplied (and separate rare rolls are done) if the boss has breakable parts. Face/weak point kills haven't been proven to increase actual rare count anywhere I've checked and from personal experience. Getting S-Rank and breaking all possible parts will get you the best chances at rares.
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%89%E3%83%AD%E3%83%83%E3%83%97%E6%9D%A1%E4%BB%B6%E3%81%BE%E3%81%A8%E3%82%81
In fact, just breaking breakable parts on the bosses that have them will lead to some form of unit drop (rare or not) with regularity. Without breaking any parts you will have a slim chance at getting a weapon.

That stuff about "hidden points" on the dragons I don't believe, because that still falls under "hey we broke all the other parts on it". If you have data backing that you get more drops from only doing the mouth restuns then there would be an argument, but I don't buy those numbers of 50-300%.

Another thing about the subbosses with no "visible" breakable parts band can come in groups of threes, the rank bonus apparently only affects the first one in the group you kill (giving you the possible 8-12 drops), but the others will usually give you 4, no matter if you got a face/weak kill or you hit some hidden point or not. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

You also don't need poison on Quartz unless you wish to force a "Weak Bullet" effect on that point. It does nothing else. I've broken all 4 parts without it (and without using the mouth stun) and body killed him many times and still gotten 12-20 drops with his rare units in there.

I also highly doubt a "killing pattern" that yields a "100% chance of a rare", because that would be too dumb for Sega to allow in there and if it were true then far more people would have stumbled across it.

Offline CuriousKitty

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Contributer
  • ごろにゃ~♥
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 11:26:24 am »
The rank you have at the moment of the kill will affect the drop amount, this will get multiplied (and separate rare rolls are done) if the boss has breakable parts. Face/weak point kills haven't been proven to increase actual rare count anywhere I've checked and from personal experience. Getting S-Rank and breaking all possible parts will get you the best chances at rares.
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%89%E3%83%AD%E3%83%83%E3%83%97%E6%9D%A1%E4%BB%B6%E3%81%BE%E3%81%A8%E3%82%81
In fact, just breaking breakable parts on the bosses that have them will lead to some form of unit drop (rare or not) with regularity. Without breaking any parts you will have a slim chance at getting a weapon.

That stuff about "hidden points" on the dragons I don't believe, because that still falls under "hey we broke all the other parts on it". If you have data backing that you get more drops from only doing the mouth restuns then there would be an argument, but I don't buy those numbers of 50-300%.

Another thing about the subbosses with no "visible" breakable parts band can come in groups of threes, the rank bonus apparently only affects the first one in the group you kill (giving you the possible 8-12 drops), but the others will usually give you 4, no matter if you got a face/weak kill or you hit some hidden point or not. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

You also don't need poison on Quartz unless you wish to force a "Weak Bullet" effect on that point. It does nothing else. I've broken all 4 parts without it (and without using the mouth stun) and body killed him many times and still gotten 12-20 drops with his rare units in there.

I also highly doubt a "killing pattern" that yields a "100% chance of a rare", because that would be too dumb for Sega to allow in there and if it were true then far more people would have stumbled across it.

The reason i post that is because i myself have been farming the rares with that method. And you can feel free to try if you don't believe it. The pattern part is true as well since i am getting 1-3 rare vol named drops from the pattern i kill it everytime. Where do you think i get that % numbers from? lol!

It's near impossible to stumble across a killing pattern unless you are soloing and kill the boss alone knowing what you are doing. In a party unless you share your knowledge and make sure everyone attack the same parts then next or it will be a fail. Plus, to solo a boss in VH mode with all parts broken in a pattern is near impossible for legit players.

Since Sz has set a rules to not to post the links to another site in the forum, just message me if you want the site with the "tactic" and procedure to kill bosses for maximun drop rate and higher the rare drop chance. It's in Japanese tho.
!ATTENTION!
Safety Tips for Trainer!

Offline truetech123

• Alpha
  • Contributer
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 12:00:59 pm »
The reason i post that is because i myself have been farming the rares with that method. And you can feel free to try if you don't believe it. The pattern part is true as well since i am getting 1-3 rare vol named drops from the pattern i kill it everytime. Where do you think i get that % numbers from? lol!
Since Sz has set a rules to not to post the links to another site in the forum, just message me if you want the site with the "tactic" and procedure to kill bosses for maximun drop rate and higher the rare drop chance. It's in Japanese tho.
I'm sure you understand why I'm skeptical of these findings. lol

I already hit you up on PM.

Also we probably should branch this off to a new thread....

Offline CuriousKitty

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Contributer
  • ごろにゃ~♥
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 12:28:36 pm »
So here's a rough translation on the page you linked since i find some of the informations useful and others might want to know about it.

Drops are fixed by the levels of the monsters. So you won't get low level rare by killing high level monsters of the same type. (This is confirmed and other sites now have min~max enemies level attached to the item drop lists)

The numbers of mobs you kill will effect the final teleporter before the boss. (drop numbers are decided before you kill the bosses) The more mobs you kill the higher chance of getting 8 drops from the main boss body instead of the normal 4. and only 1 out of 4 drops there's a lottery chance of getting rare but if you get 8 full drops 5 out of 8 has a chance to get rare.

Breakable parts are separate drops from the main body drops and each parts have their fixed drop item decided before the battle. eg, the wing parts of Quartz dragon will drop Arm/XX when broken. (Lottery still apply) And broken all parts will only give one type drops from the decided drops. So the 1 out of 4 or 5 out of 8 + 1 from breakables will give you a chance or max 2 or 6 rare drops per kill no matter how many parts you break on the boss. And they sugguest you to break only the parts you want the drops from. (The multiplies on the breakable drops are unknown they say but suspect to be the monster kill counts)

And that part is doubtful since i am getting 3 vol named units / weapons drop from single kill, unless the units are meant to be from main body drops then yes the theory makes sense. if not then broken parts will only give 1 rare theory will be incorrect from my own drop experience.
But if it's true then it will be easy to get pin-pointed certain rare from certain bosses/monsters by certain attack "pattern".

My own guess is the more you break the more the % of rare drop is generated and the "pattern" some uses to attack is a calculation loop that causes certain rare to always show and hit by the lottery system. a kind of bug of glitch from the math side.

As for the head shot and certain parts killing, try that in TA yourself and you should find that head shot kill will generate more drops from the bosses along the path. no s rank or involved, but if the above theories are correct, killing a bunch of monster before you encounter them will give higher drops multiplies so will have to test both out a few times to check which is the math the game is using. Because as far as i am concern, i normally skip all the needless fight and go right to kill the bosses in TA so i ll need to try killing all in the path and see if i can get more drops and rare chance from them.
!ATTENTION!
Safety Tips for Trainer!

Offline CuriousKitty

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Contributer
  • ごろにゃ~♥
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 12:29:37 pm »
I'm sure you understand why I'm skeptical of these findings. lol

I already hit you up on PM.

Also we probably should branch this off to a new thread....

sorry was reading the page you linked. i ll send you the link now.  :D
!ATTENTION!
Safety Tips for Trainer!

Offline runningnooblet

• Alpha
  • Legendary Contributer
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 08:26:37 am »
yep, we use it on lilipa TA to farm SSPN launcher

So do the extra mobs spawn endlessly if you do this?

Offline randompasserby

• Donator
  • Legendary Contributer
  • nyoro~n
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2013, 10:17:50 am »
So do the extra mobs spawn endlessly if you do this?
of course not, but still quite a number will spawn there if you took some time to run around the room triggering their spawn
"You will never notice me walking behind you as i am the legendary random passerby A"

Offline Lhetoy~

• Groupie
  • no yolo
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2014, 03:41:11 am »
huh, is that true?
if it is so, that explains why i usually get 4 meseta ring for killing rockbear even in S rank :/

but in the fang EQ, we always break all their parts
C rank and S rank still differ in loot count

Is that true?
So if i use rare drop 250% it will be 300%~550% if i break the part?

Fang has 6 parts on the body, and after broken all 6 parts kill it by hitting the mouth will always get you around 20+ drops and high chance of getting the rare fang set unit.

There are also "hidden" break-able parts on some of the boss. eg the mouth part on vol dragon. if you kill vol dragon with the back horn + head horn + tail crystal + mouth broken you will get the vol special unit/weapon drop as high as 50~300% chance (you will at least get one in 2 runs or better.. a few in just 1 run even a full set unit in just one kill sometimes). How to judge the mouth part's broken is by the special animation vol made when you break the horns on the back or head. if you focus your fire on the mouth it will do that animation after sometime and that's the sign the mouth part is broken.

Transmizer will drop more if we attack [1] Melee mode: waist part [2] Range mode: the legs behind it. if you done enough damage on both you will get more than the usual 4 ring drops upto 8~12 ring drops. the problem is both are hidden so we don't know when we should stop attacking plus the hp is far too low and can easily be killed before we break the hidden parts.

It's the same as Falz elder. Experienced players will not attack anywhere on the falz except the arms. and only when ALL the arms are broken (accpet the lowest 2, those 2 can never be broken) attack and kill falz by the head core will get you a few rares drops.

the same goes to Falz arms, don't kill them by the core on the back but break the tips on all 5 fingers. that will get you 12 drops each.

One thing you need to know is the bosses' HP are set to slightly higher than all parts broken. So if you hit other parts on the boss and drain too much of its hp you will never get to break all the break-able parts on it. So you need to aim your fire on only the breakables and as soon as all are broken the boss will die easily after that. breakables are near 70~80% hp on the total boss hp.

The japanese players believe there are "killing patterns" too, and if you follow the pattern 100% to break which parts first and last and it's a 100% guarantee rare drop from the boss. But far too troublesome since we need to remember each and every bosses pattern so i haven't try it out myself.
You'd Find the Answers~

Offline frugal

• Cheating is Teaching, get it?. :)
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2014, 05:00:54 am »
Very nice info. :).
@CuriousKitty
Can you send me the link of ("tactic" and procedure to kill bosses for maximun drop rate and higher the rare drop chance). thanks!. il pm'd you too.
Harmless. :3

Offline truetech123

• Alpha
  • Contributer
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2014, 01:08:42 pm »
Very nice info. :).
@CuriousKitty
Can you send me the link of ("tactic" and procedure to kill bosses for maximun drop rate and higher the rare drop chance). thanks!. il pm'd you too.
Just an fyi I've tried the things kitty has showed me and it still feels like a placebo. Some people are really lucky, some aren't.
Also there are some bosses whose breakables are not part of their actual HP, Ragne is one of them.

Also due to a change in metagame most players will NOT aim for (maximum) part kills on Elder, as the only thing the arms themselves drop are Elder units. There are methods of getting a maximum speed kill on Elder in order to get in, get the crystal for 11/12* chance, and get out fast enough to get your alts. Technically there were people doing this before, but the general populace got used to doing full arm breaks(which lead to 10 minute battles instead of 4 min and faster).

© 2012-2021 PSO-HACK.COM
Designed by carbon