December 01, 2021, 07:23:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Donate button moved
to navigation bar

PSO-HACK

Author Topic: Item Grinding  (Read 13104 times)

Offline LaHaryl

• Alpha
Item Grinding
« on: January 31, 2016, 05:07:59 pm »
There's a way to trick the game into thinking you're grinding a 1* item when you grind any item.

The Failure/Success rate is still legit, so Higher 10-13* Equipment will still fail a lot, but as the client thinks you're grinding a 1* weapon, the cost is only 50 maseta. Also I haven't tested it enough or even been banned for it on my slave/test account yet. I would assume it's really easy to patch.

Should I release this or is this too game breaking? @Admins/Mods

Also, has anyone else discovered this and just been keeping it under wraps? Just curious.

P.S.
You do have to teleport in the shopping lobby for this to work, so there is ////CONSIDERABLE RISK////, even if I post the method I don't recommend anyone try it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 05:43:43 pm by LaHaryl »

Offline 221066

• Donator
  • cb ko
Re: Item Grinding
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 06:00:11 pm »
how u do it?
Lu pukimak la

Offline LaHaryl

• Alpha
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 06:13:42 pm »
Waiting on Admin Approval, and if it gets posted it'll likely be posted in the Alpha forums and after I've done more testing to see how detectable this is, because I'm not going to get a bunch of forum users banned for what is a minor perk.

Sharing the information here because it's a "Finding", and I'm curious as to if other people discovered this.

Offline SZiaDaN

• PSO-HACK Team
  • Legendary Contributer
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 08:14:33 pm »
Well, you're free to release anything you want.
The restriction of "is this gamebreaking?" is something we've placed on ourselves, we can't hinder others from doing these things anyway.

So, if you wish to share this then you're free to do so :)
Quote from: Curious Kitty
"you have get lower than the villiant to bring justice" they say. there's no true "hero" in the world. Sziadan's being Robin Hood.

Offline Zapero

• PSO-HACK Team
  • Legendary Contributer
  • Your security is bad and you should feel bad!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 08:18:16 pm »
You are free to do what you want but i can say from other test's messing with items and grinds has had a 100% ban rate, so use your own ethics if it should be posted or not.
Don't you worry baby i'm an expert.

Offline LaHaryl

• Alpha
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 08:37:14 pm »
You are free to do what you want but i can say from other test's messing with items and grinds has had a 100% ban rate, so use your own ethics if it should be posted or not.

Yeah, that's what I figured.

Well, you're free to release anything you want.
The restriction of "is this gamebreaking?" is something we've placed on ourselves, we can't hinder others from doing these things anyway.

So, if you wish to share this then you're free to do so :)

I know, I just respect what you guys do here and agree with your morals so I wanted you guys to weigh in on it. :)

Thanks for the responses! If I don't get banned within the week I'll post it in Alpha with a Warning Disclaimer.

Offline truetech123

• Alpha
  • Contributer
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 07:38:58 am »
Thanks for the responses! If I don't get banned within the week I'll post it in Alpha with a Warning Disclaimer.
Good luck, this would be a small thing to help lower costs on 13* grinding at least...
Do 13*s using this method still only use regular grinders? I can see that becoming a very noticeable sign if true.

Offline LaHaryl

• Alpha
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 01:52:29 pm »
Good luck, this would be a small thing to help lower costs on 13* grinding at least...
Do 13*s using this method still only use regular grinders? I can see that becoming a very noticeable sign if true.

Yeap, Regular Grinders. And only 1 of them. Refer to the screen shot.

The only thing it doesn't effect is success rate because I assume once you start the grinding process, the server takes over. Did a few more weapons but honestly I'm out of 10+* Weapons to do any further testing. Now I just do the waiting game to see if and how Sega reacts.

Offline Mikeh

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Contributer
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 04:23:41 am »
I have a hunch they wont even notice unless you do something like make a crapload available for really cheap for sale, 10+*'s being max upgrades a very very common thing and I can see it being easily overlooked.

Offline LaHaryl

• Alpha
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 04:47:20 am »
Yeah, I think so too.

I would recommend only using it for personal use. This would be patched so fast if someone flooded the market with high end grinded weapons. My main concern is someone doing that if I release it, so that's the ordeaI I'm currently faced with.

Almost starting to think I shouldn't have even made this topic, because I'll feel like it's a dick move if I don't release this, but at the same time I could be releasing it just for some idiot to get it patched immediately because they're greedy and want to make a lot of Maseta.

Offline Mikeh

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Contributer
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 08:37:22 am »
You should pm zapero and sziadan with your method and let them handle what to do with it and perhaps learn some more with regards to it, if you'd like.

Offline runningnooblet

• Alpha
  • Legendary Contributer
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2016, 10:11:03 am »

The only thing it doesn't effect is success rate because I assume once you start the grinding process, the server takes over. Did a few more weapons but honestly I'm out of 10+* Weapons to do any further testing. Now I just do the waiting game to see if and how Sega reacts.

13*s are different because they use lambda grinders so you may wanna test on it. Throw vac on and hit up Tokyo (if you don't have levels) or Kuron/UQ and farm up some stones.

Offline LaHaryl

• Alpha
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2016, 05:15:33 pm »
You should pm zapero and sziadan with your method and let them handle what to do with it and perhaps learn some more with regards to it, if you'd like.

Look up, they've already weighed in on this.

13*s are different because they use lambda grinders so you may wanna test on it. Throw vac on and hit up Tokyo (if you don't have levels) or Kuron/UQ and farm up some stones.

?

I know 13*'s use lambda. The whole trick is that you're tricking the client into telling the server that you selected a 1* weapon, so it only uses one regular grinder. The server only realizes it's a 10-13* when it references whatever formula it calls on to determine the grind success.

I've grinded 13*'s using this method. Then I grinded a bunch of 10*'s to see if Sega would catch this.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 05:17:13 pm by LaHaryl »

Offline Mikeh

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Contributer
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2016, 06:14:18 pm »
Ah I meant for the exact method and for research sake, if you choose not to pub release it, we'd do the same very likely, but I was curious of the info being passed on for the knowledge :P

Offline Forte.EXE

• Alpha
  • Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2016, 03:01:42 am »
intriguing.
Whosoever stands against me... Stands briefly.

© 2012-2021 PSO-HACK.COM
Designed by carbon